Skip to content

Works in Progress

Tudor Row Houses

Finally Done After a very long time this project is finally done.  Such relief cannot be expressed. All of the hard work has paid off and the end product is […]

Tudor Row Houses – Recovery (Part 7)

After the disaster I created in the previous installment of this project, it was time to pick up the pieces and try to recover.  This, of course, meant trying to […]

Tudor Row Houses – Disaster (Part 6)

An 11th Hour Calamity This should be a post about the successful completion of this project.  It should be accompanied by another post showing the final pictures of a beautiful […]

Tudor Row Houses – Part 5

Part 5 (finally) brings us to some of the detail work on this project. 1. First up, the lead flashing around the chimneys and roof lines.  In order to create […]

Ancient Monastery – Part 1

This is a project that I began back in 2009. It is unfinished and still sits in my basement. I hope to someday return to it and see it through […]

Tudor Row Houses – Part 4

Part 4 brings us the roof sections.  Using my standard method, I began by creating a cardboard base, then I cut a ton of shingle strips and began affixing them […]

Tudor Row Houses – Part 3

The next steps of this project were to finish the main row of houses, and paint up all of the finished buildings. I began by testing out the paint scheme […]

The Old Stable

Once a proud part of an estate, now it is an old stable, run down, collapsing, crumbling, yet somehow still serviceable. A formerly wealthy plot of land has fallen into […]

Old Stable – Part 3

This week has seen the rush to finish the project in time.  The final stages always go quick, so here is what happened. First I glued in all the walls […]

Old Stable – Part 2

Moving forward as quickly as I can, I’ve got much of the pieces ready to go.  Most of the walls are constructed (and deconstructed), as is the tree trunk.  I’ve […]