This week has seen the rush to finish the project in time. The final stages always go quick, so here is what happened.
First I glued in all the walls with my hot glue gun. After that, I added a layer of DAS air drying clay to the base of each of the walls to cover the seam and and a little realism to how the ground met the walls. I also added a layer of DAS to the courtyard and the area between the gates as well as some other open spots to give the ground a little more variation. The DAS also allowed me to make some wagon tracks in the courtyard and the are between the gate by running the back of a paintbrush up and down the wet clay.
Once the clay was dry it was time to add the ground clutter. I used a mix of different sizes of ballast with a few coffee grounds mixed in.
After the glue dried it was time to paint the walls and base. I also attached the painted tree and painted the roof shingles.
Then it was time to add layers of flock, and some bits of flowers.
Finally a layer of mixed longer static grass, and foliage for the trees.